The first and only prescription product indicated
specifically for the treatment of aphthous ulcers
in people with normal immune systems
Accelerates ulcer healing for pain relief (1)
Proven safe and effective in four clinical
trials of over 1300 patients (2)
Tasteless and odorless
What is Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), 5% ?
Twenty percent of the population suffers with the pain and discomfort of aphthous ulcers (canker
sores). Aphthasol oral paste, 5% is a new prescription medication designed to provide relief and accelerated
healing from canker sores (aphthous ulcers). This paste can be applied to the aphthous ulcer (canker sore) as
soon as it starts forming. Aphthasol is only intended for use by people with normal immune
How Do I Use Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), 5% ?
How Safe is Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), 5% ?
- Wash your hands before applying the Aphthasol.
- Dry the ulcer(s) by gently patting it with a soft, clean cloth.
- Moisten the tip of your index finger.
- Place a small amount (approximately 1/4 inch) of Aphthasol on the tip of your index
- Gently dab the Aphthasol on to the ulcer. Repeat the process if you have more than one
- Wash your hands when you are done applying Aphthasol.
- Reapply the paste until the ulcer heals. If significant healing or pain relief has not occurred
in 10 days, consult your dentist or physician.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Aphthasol is very safe. In large clinical trials of over 1300 patients no clinically adverse reactions were
reported. The most common side effects were transient pain, stinging and / or burning sensation at the site of
application, as reported by 1-2 percent of patients.
How Can I Get Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), 5% ?
Aphthasol is a prescription medication. You can purchase it from your local pharmacists after obtaining a
prescription from your dentist or doctor.
What if My Dentist or Doctor Has Not Heard About Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), 5% ?
Aphthasol (amlexanox oral paste), 5% is a product your dentist or doctor may not have heard of. In such a case,
simply have them call the Block Drug Company at 1-800-OK-BLOCK.
RESEARCH / REFERENCES
(1) Khandwala A, Van Inwegen RG, Alfano MC. 5% Amlexanox oral paste, a new treatment for recurrent minor
aphthous ulcers: I. Clinical demonstration of accelerated healing and resolution of pain. Oral Surg, Oral Med, Oral
(2) Khandwala A, Van Inwegen RG, Charney MR, Alfano MC. 5% Amlexanox oral paste, a new treatment for recurrent
minor aphthous ulcers: II. Pharmokinetics and demonstration of clinical safety. Oral Surg, Oral Med, Oral Path.